This post may contain affiliate links.
Let’s get right to the point. It’s Christmas, gifts need to be bought, and funds are low. This can be one of the most stressful times of the year for that reason alone – there’s nothing that sends the heart rate into peak mode than having more cash going out than coming in. Hence, my top 20 gifts under $25. They’re quirky, they’re useful, but most of all, they are actually items that I (for the most part) would be very happy receiving. So if you’re in need of some new ideas, read on.
1) Instagram Magnets (https://stickygram.com/) – For $15, you can get 9 magnets made from your Instagram account OR you can send a “gift certificate” via email so that your recipient can pick from their own Instagram account. Can you say best idea ever? I’m already planning on doing this for someone on my list.
2) Switchplate (http://www.etsy.com/listing/103870492/southwestern-2-single-toggle-switchplate) – Know someone who moved into a new house or apartment? Well, these little babies are oh-so-cheap and oh-so-fun. The link above will take you to the switchplate pictured, but there are literally thousands out there. Just Google it or search for them on Pinterest.
3) Skull Shot Glass (http://shop.coolmaterial.com/products/skull-shot-glass) – Any guy in their 20s will like this (and at only $10, so will you). Nothing says "party" like an awesome shot glass.
4) Quote Prints (http://www.etsy.com/listing/79508671/its-a-good-day-art-print-8x10) – I am loving these lately – seriously, you can’t go on Pinterest without having them blow up your home page. Etsy has a lot of shops that sell the prints themselves, but note that most come without frames.
5) DIY Wine Bottle Vase (http://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2012/02/wine-bottle-wall-vase.html) – If you’re crafty, roll up those sleeves, drink that wine, and get after it. For only $10 a piece, you can afford to make 2!
6) Gym Water Bottle (http://www.amazon.com/Kangaroo-Autoseal-Hydration-Storage-24-Ounce/dp/B007TTWTN6/ref=pd_sim_sbs_k_4) – A must-have for that girl or guy you know that lives at the gym. For $17.99, you can keep everything at your fingertips and not have to constantly keep dragging stuff to the locker room (as a semi-gym rat, I can’t tell you how wonderful this would be). Great for the beach, too…where, of course, it wouldn’t be filled with water.
7) Kikkerland Casino Bottle Opener (http://www.amazon.com/Kikkerland-BO03-Casino-Bottle-Opener/dp/B004UOL6Z0) – Another gift for the man in your life. Or anyone who is a fan of beer for that matter. Give this (at $6.99) and a six pack of their favorite brew, and all of a sudden, you’ve become their favorite person ever. Better yet, because it can easily fit in their wallet, they will always have it on hand.
8) Burlap Placements – Go to the fabric store, buy some burlap, grab a Sharpie, and voila!
9) Homemade Caramel Sauce (http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/homemade-caramel-sauce-10000001923606/) – I promise you, even those of us who aren’t experts in the kitchen can pull this off. Pour it over ice cream, and it’s like heaven on earth
. 10) Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix (http://www.somethingswanky.com/the-very-best-homemade-hot-chocolate-mix/) – Since we’re on the topic of homemade, make a big batch of this, and your recipient will be set for the entire winter. No more opening those little packets!
11) Infinity Ring (http://www.etsy.com/listing/100903337) – I honestly wear a silver version of this ring every day – beautiful, simple, AND only $15. Winning!
12) Bicycle Key Ring Holder (https://www.etsy.com/listing/62769446/bicycle-metal-art-key-rack-free-usa) – For the bicycle lover. Originally $26.99, use code WINTER when you check out and get 15% off (woop woop!). They have other designs as well, so if that new homeowner isn’t into cycling, you’ll be sure to find something they would love. Actually gave this to my friends a couple of years ago!
13) Ruff Bowl (http://www.ruffbowl.com) – Pet lovers will LOVE this – fits most retractable leashes. Just clip ‘er on and hit the road…no need to worry about your pup getting dehydrated anymore! Get them for $5.
14) Fashion Gold Bow Bracelet (http://www.shepiner.com) – Just as beautiful as the infinity ring. Great layering bracelet – girls of any age will love it (and it’s less than $7)!
15) Wine Glass Holder..for the Tub (http://www.presentsformen.co.uk/bath-wine-glass-holder-prod7270/) – $7. Enough said.
16) iTap Gloves (http://www.itapgloves.com/) – Ever been out in the cold when you get a text on your iPhone and you have to pull your gloves off to respond? Yeah, it sucks. These gloves make that process obsolete and at only $20 – no more freezing fingers!
17) Soup & Cracker Bowl (http://www.incrediblethings.com/food/jenny-me-go-together-like-soup-crackers/) - This is THE most awesome bowl I have ever seen in my life. Tortilla soup with tortilla chips, veggies and hummies, apples and caramel dip…so many options for this. All yours for $22!
18) Smashbox Try-It Kit (www.smashbox.com) – This is a great make-up kit for a teenager or friend who is tired of their old routine. Best part is you actually get some cool products – people will think you paid much more for this! Only $19.
19) Whiskey Stones (http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/151043541276?lpid=82) – Keeps your whiskey cold without diluting the taste. Any whiskey fan will attest to these. Get these for only $9.99.
20) Panasonic RP HJE355 Ear Buds (www.amazon.com) – These are some of the best reviewed ear buds under $25 (4 out of 5 stars on Amazon). For a little over $20, you can surprise the running fanatic (or the person who wants to be one) with these bad boys. Nothing says motivation like good music!
There you have it - my top 20 for 2013. If anyone has come across anything else that would make a great gift (and it's uber cheap), please share! Happy Holidays to you all!