Meet the Blogger
Hello, hello! I’m Brittney and am a 29 year-old financial analyst/CPA trying to make my way through my 20s with some money in the bank. I was lucky enough to grow up in a household where strong money skills were learned at an early age, and thankfully, they've stuck with me throughout the years (although some things, like washing out Ziploc bags to re-use, I've let go by the wayside). I was able to graduate college with a double major in accounting & finance and do so completely debt-free. Four years later, I was buying my own home with a 20% down payment, all the while contributing 15% to my retirement, traveling, and living it up in Indy. Writing this blog was important for me because I began to see how much women my age struggled with finances or had little knowledge as to how to manage their money...and I wanted to make sure they knew it wasn't rocket science. I hope you enjoy reading my posts as much as I do writing them.
Want to know more? Here are 25 things that sum me up fairly well.
1) I grew up in a small town in Southern Indiana that contained maybe 2,000 people. I loved it in my childhood, but Indianapolis is now my home.
2) I currently live with one roommate and her boxer pup.
3) I graduated with a degree in Accounting and Finance from Marian University.
4) I earned my CPA license in June of 2011.
5) Weirdly enough, I do not put milk in my cereal – I eat it dry and drink my milk from a glass. I just can't stand soggy cereal.
6) I played soccer in college, and I miss it every day.
7) If I could go back and experience college all over again, I would. Seriously, it is the best time of your life. Enjoy it.
8) I’m really picky about the meat I eat – can’t fathom eating a steak but will have hot dog any day of the week. I know, weird.
9) I still don’t know what I want to do when I grow up.
10) I am not tech-savvy. I didn’t even have a data plan on my phone until December 2012. And trying to set up this blog? Lord, have mercy...
11) Not a big fish eater – trying to get into it, but the farthest I’ve gotten is shrimp, spicy tuna rolls, and tilapia.
12) My first job was working in an ice cream and funnel cake stand at Holiday World’s Splashin’ Safari. And no, it didn’t have air-conditioning.
13) Gone with the Wind is my favorite book. Harry Potter is my favorite series. Those are about the only favorites I have in this world.
14) I love ghost stories but hate (with a passion) horror movies.
15) I am the most inflexible person you will ever meet. Seriously, I can’t touch my toes.
16) I’m most productive in the mornings.
17) Fall is my favorite season – pumpkins, soccer, Halloween, sweaters and boots, football tailgates, hot chocolate, bonfires, apple pie moonshine…it’s like heaven on earth every year.
18) I owe everything I’ve accomplished to my family – my parents gave up a lot in order to give my brother and I the opportunities we’ve had, and my brother was always the one who pushed me to do more and be better. They are my rock.
19) I am a sunscreen fanatic – I get a mild anxiety attack if I’m in the sun for a while without some on.
20) One of my biggest regrets is not studying abroad during college. It may have set me back a semester, but in the grand scheme of things, it would have been worth it.
21) I volunteer for School on Wheels, which is a tutoring program for homeless youth.
22) When I retire, I want to learn how to play the piano.
23) Exercise is a HUGE endorphin booster for me. If I’m in a funk, a good sweat session puts me back in gear.
24) Bucket List: skydiving, touring Europe, and learning how to cook really well.
25) Vodka and Redbull is my drink of choice. Although a Blue Moon isn’t bad, either.
About the Site
Cover Photo Credits:
Headshot + About Me - Alexandra Wendholt
Home + Categories + Contributors – Martin Wesseley
Work With Me – Jeff Sheldon
Contact - JFD Media